Sunday, December 8, 2013

えいがレビューパート1


Today is the last day for blog entries, we made it through the semester!

When I saw the list of movies at the beginning of the semester I immediately knew which one I wanted to watch and write a review on. I'm very excited to watch Death of a Japanese Salaryman, it comes highly recommended and has pretty solid ratings online.

Since I won't have a movie review for Death of a Japanese Salaryman written until next Friday, when I assume most people will have already completed grading my blog, I decided to write review of one of the films I had already seen in the mean time.




私はさくねんりょうにともだちとえいがをみました。ほたるのはかはとてもかなしくて、いいですよ。えいがのプロットはざんねんです。えいがのおんがくはきれいですね。


Grave of the Fireflies is a movie made in 1988 by Isao Takahata, based on true events that occurred involving himself and his younger sister during World War II. The movie has received tremendously positive reviews, most notably by the deceased movie guru Roger Ebert who described his experience with the film as, "I was actually moved just about to tears by this film."




Grave of the Fireflies does a painfully good job of showing that war not only hurts combatants, it also brings about a great deal pain to civilians. The film can be difficult to watch and will leave most people in tears, but I recommend it to everyone. It is one of those films that everyone should watch at least once (you probably won't want to watch it again).

I don't want to spoil too much of the plot, since the movie is at it's best when it's surprising you. If you haven't seen this film do yourself a favor and watch it. An HD remastered edition of the film came out last year so it should be fairly easy to come by. Hope I've convinced you to take a look at this fantastic film. Hopefully you show a little more composure at the end then I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment